When you first buy a Chromebook, one of the first things you should do is give it a personal touch by switching out the wallpaper. Literally, anyone can do it, and it won’t even take more than a couple of minutes of their time. You are frequently found working on the desktop environment of your Chromebook. Make sure the background image on that system is something interesting to look at.
Chromebooks, just like Windows laptops and Apple laptops, come with a plethora of wallpaper alternatives for the user’s visual delight. These selections include stunning photographs of nature and architectural landmarks, as well as photogenic animals. You also have the option of using your own photographs as the background for the app. Regardless of which alternative you go with, here is how you may replace that tired background with something a little bit more interesting.
If you’re bored with the stock wallpaper on your Chromebook, you may upload your own. Here are the countless methods that you can change your Chromebook wallpaper with-
1. Through The Files App- Setting A Customised Wallpaper
The first thing you need to do is check to see if the picture you want to use as your wallpaper has been downloaded onto the device. Discover a stunning background image online and save it to your Chromebook if it’s not already there. After it has been resolved, you can alter the wallpaper by following these instructions in order.
- You can set the background of your Chromebook with an image that you downloaded from the internet.
- Simply select the Launcher icon that looks like a circle and is located in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- To go up, press the up arrow.
- Look for and open the files.
- To find the picture you wish to set as the background of your Chromebook, navigate to the Downloads tab.
- Select the option to Set wallpaper by clicking the right mouse button on the image.
2. Straight From The Desktop
- Make a right-click on your computer’s desktop.
- To change your wallpaper and overall theme, click Set.
- Wallpaper should be chosen.
- Pick a picture to use as your background from the options here. You can also choose to have the wallpaper automatically update or change every day.
- Select Radiance if you’re looking for wallpaper with a bright or dim color scheme.
- Select My Images to use an image from your Chromebook’s storage as your wallpaper.
- Click Google Photos if you want to use a picture from your own Google Photos account.
3. Change Into A Pre-Installed Wallpaper In Chromebook
It is even simpler and more time efficient to go with a pre-installed wallpaper as opposed to designing your own. You can access the pre-loaded images that come pre-installed on Chromebooks by using the option to Set wallpaper that is located in the right-click menu. To locate them, follow these procedures in order.
- To right-click anywhere on your desktop, go here.
- Simply select the option to Set the wallpaper.
- Simply click the image you want to use in the dialogue box that appears.
- You also have the option to check the box that is located next to Surprise me, which will cause your device to select the wallpaper for you.
Apply the same background image to all of your Chromebooks.
On different Chrome OS devices, you’ll be able to synchronise your wallpaper (as well as your settings). When you connect onto a Chromebook using the Google account you normally use, this will ensure that your wallpaper is already loaded on the device.
- Make your time selection in the corner to the right.
- Navigate to the Preferences menu.
- Simply go to the “Accounts” tab and pick Sync and the Google services.
- To control your synced data, click on that option.
- It’s up to you to decide what will be synchronised. Chromebooks can share their settings, such as wallpaper, if the option to “Sync everything” is activated.
How To Fix Problems Of Changing A Wallpaper
If you are unable to set a wallpaper, make sure the image format is compatible by looking it up online (.png or .jpg). If you are required to use a Chromebook for anything like school or work, the administrator of the device could not let you change the background image.
If you are experiencing problems changing the image that is used as your background, you should contact the administrator of the system.
How To Find The Perfect Wallpaper For Your Chromebook?
When you want to change the wallpaper on your Chromebook, the first thing you need to do is, of course, pick an image that you want to use as your wallpaper. It can be of anything you choose; however, you should make sure that the image has a resolution that is high enough so that when it is stretched across your desktop, you can still make out the details, and the image does not appear to be pixelated.
You can use any pictures that you have taken yourself, or you can use images that you have found on Google Images or on websites that do not require a license to use the images, such as Unsplash and Wallpaper Stock.