When making the jump from iPhone to Android, moving data might be a major pain point. Transferring data like videos from an iPhone to an Android device may appear hard due to the disparity in operating systems between the two devices. But if you have the correct equipment and follow the right steps, you’ll find the process to be simple, quick, and maybe even pleasurable.
Without compromising the quality of the original, we’ve listed some of the best methods for transferring videos from iPhone to Android.
1. Through Cloud Service
There are other cloud services available, but Google Drive stands out as a top pick because to its low price and high usability (up to a certain volume of data).
- Install the free Drive app, or launch it if you already have it, on both your iPhone and Android device.
- Select “Upload” after pressing the tiny plus (+) sign in the Drive app’s lower right corner.
- Select “Photos and Videos” and then navigate to the video you wish to send.
Once the movie has been uploaded, you can find it in your Drive by going to the “Recent” tab.
- To send a file to another Android user through email, tap the three dots next to the file, choose share, and then type in the person’s email address.
2. Through Email Or Text
In most cases, you can transmit a video clip from an iPhone to an Android device as an attachment in an email or text message if the clip is shorter than 15 or 20 seconds long.
While longer movies may exceed the 20 MB restriction for some email clients, shorter ones usually aren’t a problem.
Whereas it’s true that sending a short movie by text message is more convenient than email, the SMS and MMS formats have their own storage and size limitations, while iMessage is capable of handling far bigger file transfers.
3. Sending Videos From iPhone To An Android Through AirDrop
AirDrop is typically the approach that is the quickest and easiest to use when trying to share a lengthy movie from your iPhone with another iOS or macOS device that is in close proximity. There are no size restrictions placed on the videos, nor is it necessary to download any additional software.
- Check to see that the receiving device is nearby and that it is turned on.
- Make that the device that will be receiving the files is configured to accept those sent using AirDrop.
- On an iOS device, navigate to Settings > General > AirDrop, then select Contacts Only or Everyone from the drop-down menu.
- Note: AirDrop, Contacts Only/Everyone, and Everyone Else
On macOS: Spotlight can be used to look up AirDrop, or you can launch the application straight from Finder. Once the app has been opened, click the Allow me to be discovered by option, and then choose either Contacts Only or Everyone as the audience for your public profile.
AirDrop, Please make it so that I can be found by: Everyone using macOS.
Launch the Photos app on the smartphone that is sending the photo.
- Under Media Types, select Videos. Select the video you wish to send by tapping it.
- Photos icon, Videos content, Selected video
- Click the icon labelled Share.
- Choose the AirDrop icon from the icons. After a little pause, a list of the accessible devices should become visible to you.
- Wait a moment for the list to automatically update itself if you do not see the device that will be receiving the file, or hit the AirDrop icon to manually refresh the list.
- Choose the apparatus that will do the receiving.
- The receiving device, the icon for AirDrop, and the Share button
- The transmission will begin without any intervention from you. It may take some time to send, depending on the size of the video, but be patient and try not to move the devices too far away from each other during that time. When the video has been successfully received, it will show up in the Photos app on the receiving iOS device or in the Downloads folder on the macOS computer.
Send Videos From An iPhone To An Android Though iCloud
You can also send huge files via iCloud by making use of another Apple program known as Mail Drop.
- From within the Photos app, navigate to the video that needs to be shared, then select the share icon.
- After tapping the send icon, wait a moment while the video is being prepared on your phone.
- After you have written and sent your email, you will get a pop-up box that says, in part, “This attachment may be too large,” and also provides the option to use Mail Drop. 4. Tap “Use Mail Drop” to share the video via iCloud. In a little while, the recipient will be able to download it from the cloud.
Can You Send iPhone Videos Larger Than 5GB
Even though iCloud is typically helpful for backing up the contents on your iPhone, it is typically recommended that you use a different service, such as Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, or Google Drive, for the purpose of sharing videos that are larger than 5GB.
The Messages app or the Email app on an iPhone is the typical method for sending video from the device. However, the iMessage content restriction is 100 MB per message, and the Mail app attachment limit is 20 MB.